a. For the purfose of the convention, unless, ekspresly provided otherwise
- Regulation means regulations contained in the annex to the convention.
- approved means approved by the party in accordance with these regulations.
- Master means the person having command of a ship.
- Officer means a member of the crew, other than the master designated as such by national law or regulations or in the absence of such designation, by collective agreement or custom.
- Deck officer means on officer qualified in accordance with the provissions of chapter II of the convension.
- Chip mate officer next in rank to the master and upon whom the commandan of the ship will fall in the event of the incapacity of the master.
- Engineer officer means an officer qualified in accordance with the privissions of chapter II of the convention